Sunday, June 12, 2011

High School [Part 1]

I slept at around 4am. (+8GST). But at 7am, I woke up from a dream, not exactly a nightmare, however disturbing. Since it was too early for me, I slept a bit more trying to memorize the key symbols for that dream. I should have expected to get a second dream, equally as vivid and more disturbing. I could not remember how both dreams started. But, I can remember the smallest detail, including -- but not limited to -- the feelings inside the dream.

Today's dream is in divided into two entries.

As I'm writing this entry, I realized that both dreams have FIRE DRILLS as passive symbol. In both dreams, it was the inciting event.

-oOo-

Fire alarms blasted through the hallway as I climbed the stairs. Feet scuffled on the planks of the hard wood floors. As I reached the top of the stairs, students were already lining up to get out of the building. The crowd was lead of J.Lee, a pretty Chinese Filipina classmate in Camella School. She was one of the movers and shakers of the popular group. I was the social butterfly who didn't want to be affiliated.

But there seems to be some animosity between us brought about by a subtle competitive relationship. We were both in the student council. Struggling over power. Who should lead, whose projects should be approved, who has more followers, etc.

She was trying to get down the stairs, and I was in her way. So I clutched my skirt (school uniform's blue plaid) and stepped aside to give way to the horde of female students lead by J.Lee.

I, at least, respected her calmness and ability to lead the pack through the drill. I was wondering about the sudden fire alarms. I smell no smoke. I feel no heat. However, I see the teachers in a slight panic to get the students out of the building and into safety.

I see an old adviser, J.Abratique directing students what to do. As I pass by her she tells me to secure the safe contents. I went straight to where my classroom should be. By the window of the hall, across my classroom, three medium sized safes stood unaffected.

As part of my student council responsibility, I had to secure the treasures inside the safes. I had the key in my skirt pocket. I opened the safes and started to take all the watches inside of it for safety.

J.Pineda (another classmate from Camella School) squat beside me and whispered something. But I could not hear him because of all the noise that surrounded us. In my frustration, I gave him the car keys, thinking that as soon as I secure all the safe's content with me, he'll drive meto a safer place.

We hear a car security system open, I look at J.Pineda and he looks back at me innocently. J.Abratique approached me and tells me to lock the car as they heard it open, too. I tell J.Pineda to lock the car. He shows me the key I turned over to him does not have a car security remote. Only the key and the ring remains.

Then, J.Pineda clutches on to the key and jumps our of the window. Leaving a stunned J.Abratique and infuriated me behind. The watches was never their target. It was the car.
______________________________________________________

FIREDRILL, in real life, is a practice to stay alert even in the middle of a routine. Something needs my attention.

Old classmates -- I'm not sure if it's some things in the past that needs my attention, or I just need to see my old classmates.

Former teacher -- seeking advice for my impending new life. Yeah, makes sense. (surprisingly, she's now the guidance counselor of my old shcool)

Emptying a SAFE of WRIST WATCHES boggles me. I think I'm trying to keep a lot of activities to my own when I should be delegating. I should listen to Id (still has no name).

Losing the car-KEY may mean I'm losing confidence in myself or I'm not seeing the point. Or maybe, I've let go of an opportunity that may been brought me to places.

I'm starting to forget the second dream, so I have to write it quickly. Moving on now.

No comments: