Wednesday, April 25, 2012

For the first time in the U.S.A., I was trapped in multi-layered dream.

I was a private detective in a small company. We do odd jobs, but, we also do negotiation jobs. I felt, I was more like a Closer, than a Law and Order kind.

I know there were a lot more cases from my dream, it was like watching a TV drama. However, only the last part stuck because of what happened in the end.

There was this desperate black girl. She was a nurse, based on the pink scrubs she was wearing. She had an Afro, and a pink headband wrapped around the Afro. She had pulled a mob boss of mulatto descent in a room of sorts, and I went with her. I was convincing her not to do anything, and I was telling her that retaliation would be severe.

The nurse said, she want her old "something" back. I try to imagine that this gentle young mob boss was even gentler before (the mob boss sounded like Earl Jones Jr.). She took out a syringe and pumped it up with some sort of fine brown powder from a bag -- like brown sugar only as fine as confectionery. Then she jabbed it in the mob boss's veins.

The mob boss's henchmen finally got into the room. The mob boss changed instantly and became the evil boss that he's supposed to be. He held the woman by her neck, and as the nurse's legs dangled and the henchmen stared distracted by what's happening, I grabbed a bucket of water lying around and splashed it all over the henchmen. I ran towards the door, and as I left, I heard the mob boss say to let me go and that they'll deal with me later.

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could and found one of my colleagues (the love interest in my story) waiting for my with his bike (really, it's a bicycle, not the cool motorbike that would be better as a getaway vehicle). We drove off and planned the next steps in this failed mission. I did the pedaling, he did the navigating. My hair being blown by the wind.

DISSOLVE

(told you it was like a movie)

I woke up in my bed, I stood up and caught sight of another figure sleeping with her high heeled red shoes on, on the other bed.

I walked up to it, and found a dead woman and so I ran screaming "help." But what I heard come out of my mouth was a muffled sound of "help." I couldn't pronounce it right. That's when I knew I was sleeping and that I was trapped in a nightmare again.

I kept on screaming the word and I keep on waking up. At one point, I even went back a layer falling asleep in my dream. I continued screaming waking up from one layer of dream to another, hoping that the next time I wake up would be for real. The last layer, I screamed help while walking down the stairs of an old building. Afterwhich, I woke up in my real bed. Or at least, in this plain, or this nightmare where I am in the U.S. struggling to get by alone.

No comments: