Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Swept Away By Flood


It wasn't just that I was swept away by flood. The flood, was instantaneous like it was a tsunami that hit us. It was high, too. I remember being brought up to the second floor of a building. And, it was extremely filthy -- rats and leeches stuck to us as we were all swept away. They were biting my legs.

The flood, eventually, subsided and we were saved. There were three of us fished out of the flood. But, I was the only one wearing a dress. One of the other two girls said she thinks the things floating with us had bitten and entered us in some way or another. Something happened to us during that flood. It was, as if, we were violated.

I woke up here. It was around 5am.

When I went back to sleep, the dream setting was sort of post-apocalyptic. But, I cannot remember everything once I opened my eyes. I remember thinking about Arashi as I would in my waking life. So, I thought, it was kind of realistic.
____________________________________________________

Flood has always meant that I'm deep in debt in my waking life. I've always been deep in debt. I cannot remember a time I was debt free anymore. However, for this past year, I have not had a dream about floods. And for a couple of years now, the floods in my dreams had never went past my ankle.

Maybe this was caused by the rent's notice I read last night. Usually, it's only 10k more or less. This time, because we forgot to bring in our continuation request to the apartment's administration office, it was a big red 12k on the rent's notice. PLDT bill was also pinned on the cork board. So many bills to pay, so little money. Especially after Singapore trip.

Rats biting me probably was a manifestation of how I liked to have worked in Singapore. The current ulitmate arena for the rat-race. I have half the heart to find work in Singapore. But, why is it dirty? Is a part of me repulsed by the idea? Because the leeches also indicate repulsion.

I wish I could remember the dream after that. That could have had the key to this mysterious dream.

No comments: