Friday, November 25, 2005

Anger and Distress

Dexter Lira was angry, in a VA event. What more, Christmas party.

I kinda knew why, but I wasn't telling. He vented it out on us, just because we were associated to the cause. But he didn't just scream at us. We were on our way to buy some Christmas party things. A van kind of car, so much like Carlo Francisco's was the only one available and Dexter drove it.

The way he drove was full of pure hatred and bitterness. We tumbled inside like little toys in a box on its way to charity. If it wasn't so painful and so threatening, it would have been funny.

Gigi Angeles, finally screamed Dex's name in such a commanding manner in her own rage and fear, not just for herself but for everybody. Like a Queen and her rebellious pawn, Dexter stopped in Gigi's call. He got off the car and ran. Everybody looked at me, as if it was my fault. It wasn't. I didn't do this. But their eyes showed they expected me to clean it up. There were only two choices, I have to clean up or I lose them all. In my head, I wouldn't want to lose any of them. So I ran after Dex.

I tried to talk to him. My slippers were torn. I bought a replacement pair, as he continued to vent. We walked around. Around what seemed like the UPLB campus.

Then the last thing I saw was Dexter and I, walking towards the dark. Enveloped, then embraced then swallowed by the dark.