Friday, August 25, 2000

Rats!

As this was the very first dream I had written in my DREAM JOURNAL, so shall it be the first in FAERIES AND DEMONS.
--------------------- ooOOoo ---------------------

At night, I sleep, diving into the realms of unreality. There I find him, with different faces, different races; Sometimes a face I don't know, sometimes the face I long for. And the only thing I know for sure, this is the man I loved for so long.

But what's so interesting, in every dream HE visits me, HE saves me. From some unexplainable mystery to the simpliest misunderstanding. HE saves me.

----- oOo -----

I was walking along Belvedere St., my head up, staring at the blazing sky as the sun radiated its last rays of warmth and security over insignificant beings like us. As darkness consumed the street, and post lamps started to lit, I saw my mother and her company succumb to the power of the rat. Their heads morphed into a head of a viscious rat.

Then HE took my hand and ran into the fields. We hid between the tall wild grass, while we crawled out way to what he believed was a safe place. But as we made our way, a rat woman with wings, a bat like woman, grabbed him and bit him on the right shoulder. HE faught and struggled, his shirt ripped and fell, until HE rendered her unconscious. All I could do was sit and wait until HE won or he was taken, crying immobile.

HE grabbed my hand again and we ran fast. As fast as we could. To the house where safety can hold me. We didn't care if any of the monstrous rats could see us ... we just had to get there. Then at the gate, i lost consciousness.

When I opened my eyes, I was in bed, clean but naked. Outside, chaos reign supreme, monsters running around, others flying. People had been taken over and turned into monsters.

I turned my head to the left, and I saw him lying on the bed, watching cable news about the 21st of the month attack. Apparently, people had forgotten that at the strike of seven pm in the evening of every 21st of the month, these rat people take over the country and turn more people like them. And when morning comes, these people turns back to normal and live normal lives, forgetting once more the event on the 21st.

I notice HE was naked. HE had his wound cleaned and dressed. I slowly crept up to him, so my skin lightly touched his. I put my head on his shoulders. HE didn't move, not an inch, not even to make himself comfortable. I seduced him, but HE turned me down. HE said, we only ended up in this situation because we were not left any option. I loved this man, ever skince I met him. I don't know if he ever loved me, too. Even in my dreams, he never took advantage of me. Something, I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about. I fell asleep, my head on his shoulder.